Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables and I love to try eggplant recipes from different parts of the world. This vegetable is known with different names at different parts of the world and it is cooked in so many different ways in every continent. It is known as Brinjal in South Asia and South Africa, Aubergine in UK.
My mother-in-law is visiting us from India. So it is time for lot of Indian food. Here is a spicy, aromatic baby eggplant air fryer recipe. This delicious eggplant cooked in air fryer is perfect for eating with roti or nun.
Yields 8 Baby Eggplants
Serves 2 Eggplants
Air fryer recipe for delicious baby eggplant cooked with Indian spices. This is a quick dinner recipe that can be enjoyed with roti or nun.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 50 gm onion grated
- 50 gm tomato diced (1/2 tomato)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 baby eggplants
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- In a pan heat oil and add the cumin seed
- Add onion, ginger garlic and fry it for one minute
- Add tomatoes and fry it for one minute
- Add cumin, turmeric, chili powder. Sauté it until oil comes out
- Add salt and sugar
- Make two slits to each of the eggplants with knife
- Add stuffing inside the slits with spoon
- Drizzle the eggplant with oil and salt
- Set the Air Fryer at 275 degree F and 12 to 15 min setting. The timing is an approximation as the time may vary based on the type of the egg plant. Start checking the egg plant after cooking it for 10 minutes in the air fryer.