In order to bring little bit of delight in our quarantined life, I wanted to make healthy fish kabab for the family. Raw materials are scarce nowadays, so trying to cook fancy food over the weekend without any fancy ingredients. If you are a pescatarian, following Keto diet, you can easily make this fish kabab to include in your diet.
This kabab recipe needs the most common ingredients and spices of an Indian kitchen. For the raw material, you need Tilapia or Swai Bass fish fillet, ginger, garlic, green chili, lemon. For the spices, you need turmeric, Kashmiri red chili, cumin powder, coriander powder, aamchur powder and tandoori masala. I usually use Shaan Tandoori masala, but tandoori masala from any brand is fine.
To make this easy kabab, cut the fish fillet in small pieces. Grind the ginger, garlic and green chili and make it a paste. Add lemon juice on the fish and then add the ginger/ garlic. green chili paste. Add rest of the ingredient in a small bowl to make a paste. Now add the paste to the fish
and let it marinate for 2 hrs.Heat the oven at 350 degree F. Bake the fish for 15 min and turn it around half way through. After 15 min of baking, broil the fish in “Hi” for 3 min or until the spices dry up on the baking sheet.
Serve it with diced onion, cilantro with sprinkled lemon juice. Hope you enjoy this easy fish kabab recipe made with simple ingredients during the quarantined life.
Yields kabab for 4 to 6 people
Easy fish kabab recipe made with simple ingredients, good for pescatarian and Keto diet
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 lb Tilapia or Swai Basa fish
- 2'' ginger
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 4 green chili
- 3 tbsp lemon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili
- 1 tsp cumin poder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp aamchur powder
- 2 tsp tandoori masala
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seed
- 1/4 onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- Cut the fish fillet in small pieces
- Grind the ginger, garlic and green chili and take it a paste
- Add lemon juice on the fish
- Add the ginger/ garlic. green chili paste
- Add rest of the ingredient in a small bowl and make it s paste. Now add the paste to the fish
- Let it marinate for 2 hrs
- Heat the oven at 350 degree F
- Bake the fish for 15 min and turn it around half way through
- After 15 min, broil the fish in "Hi" for 3 min or until the spices dry up on the baking sheet.
- Serve it with deiced onion, cilantro and sprinkle lemon juice