In a gloomy, rainy day when it is raining cats and dogs, what can be more comforting than a bowl of hot soup? This is Thanksgiving week. My employer is very generous to give the whole week off. Despite the fact that I am spending a lot of time in the couch this week, I got really motivated to make the sweet corn soup and to serve it for lunch.
My kitchen has many of the modern gadgets, including an Instant Pot. I like to cook the soup in the Instant Pot. So here is simple recipe for sweet corn soup with egg drop using Instant pot.
Yields 4 cups
- 2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1 cup of mix of thinly sliced onion, celery and carrot
- 1 can of cream style corn
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 5 teaspoons of sugar
- 4 cups of water
- 3 teaspoons of corn starch
- 1 egg
- Black pepper (optional)
- Switch on the Instant Pot in Saute mode.
- Add oil, sauté garlic
- Add 1 cup mix of onion, celery and carrot and saute it for 2 minutes
- Add cream style corn
- Add 4 cups of water
- Add salt and sugar to taste. I like my sweet corn soup to be little sweet. So I added 5 teaspoon of sugar
- Now put the lid on for the Instant pot. Press the Soup button and set the time for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, release the pressure from the Instant pot and open up the lid. Put the Instant pot back in Sauté mode.
- Mix the corn starch in cold water and add it to the soup.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and slowly add it in the soup.
- Serve the soup with ground black pepper.