I make chicken Keema curry or minced chicken curry quite frequently for dinner and for lunch for the kids. My kids love this dish with rice or with paratha as kathy roll. It is very easy to make, but comes out as a delicious meal.
Yields 20 oz
Serves 4 oz386
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 lb minced chicken
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 5 cloves of garlic (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 1 cup of potato (cut into small pieces)
- 1 1/2 tomato
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 green cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 3 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder (homemade: cinnamon, cardamom and clove crushed together)
- 2 Thai green chili (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cinnamon stick, green cardamoms and cloves.
- Add the garlic and fry it until it turns slightly brown
- Add onion and fry it until it turns slightly brown
- Add to tomato and ginger paste and cook it for a 3 minutes
- Add turmeric and chili powder and cook it until the oil separates out
- Add chicken and potato, mix it well
- Add salt as per taste
- Cover the pan and cook it for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the potato gets done.
- Add garam masala powder at the end.
- Add Thai green chili to garnish