Egg paneer Bhurji cooked with pav bhaji masala is a quick healthy dinner, loaded with veggies and proteins. Paneer is a good source of protein and so are the eggs. So this dish is double loaded with proteins. Also, you can add different type of veggies to make it more healthy.
Why part of a diabetic diet?
Paneer or cottage cheese is high in protein and low in carbohydrate. Paneer in moderation is good for people with diabetes. The egg is also a good source of protein. Since I added a bunch of vegetables in this recipe, this dish is loaded with protein and fiber and it is low in carbohydrate. That is what makes this dish good for a diabetic dinner.
How to make Egg Paneer Bhurji
Cut the veggies in small pieces. It will not make more than 10 minutes. I added carrots, green beans, tomatoes, red and green bell peppers (capsicums). But you can add other veggies like mushroom, peas, etc. Cutting the veggies will not make more than 10 minutes. Grate the ginger and garlic to make a paste of it.
Paneer comes in slabs from the grocery store. So it needs to be grated. I grated half a slab ion paneer, which yielded 1 cup of grated paneer.
Next, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. Then add the onion, ginger-garlic paste and let it cook for a minute. After that add the veggies and let it cook 7 to 8 minutes. Then add the spices – coriander powder and pan bhaji powder and let it cook for a couple of minutes. After that add the eggs and fry it for some time. In the end, add the paneer and let it cook for a couple of minutes. This dish can be served with pav bread or wheat dinner rolls or with wheat sliced bread.
Yields 24 oz
Egg Paneer Bhurji cooked with pav bhaji masala and served with wheat bread roll is an excellent dinner for diabetic people.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 carrots diced
- 100 gm green beans cut into small pieces
- 1 medium size onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic grated
- 1 inch ginger root grated
- 1/2 green pepper (100 gm) diced
- 1/2 red pepper (100 gum) diced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 25 gm cilantro chopped
- 2and 1/2 tablespoons of Pav Bhaji Masala
- 2 teaspoon of coriander paste
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 3 teaspoon salt or as needed
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of grated paneer
- Heat oil, add the cumin seed and let it sputter
- Add grated ginger, garlic and Onion and fry it for 1 min
- Add carrots, green beans and sauté it for 5 mina
- Add red and green pepper and sauté it for 2 mins
- Add Tomatoes and sauté it for 2 mins
- Add the cilantro and let it cook for 1 min
- Add the spices (coriander powder and Pav Bhaji masala) and let it cook for 2 min
- Add the eggs and let it fry for 5 mins
- Add the grated paneer and let it cook for another 2 mins
- Add more salt if needed.
- Serve it with Pav Bhaji bread or the wheat dinner rolls.