Yields 4 cups
It is the end of season for tomatoes from my garden. I picked up a huge pile over the weekend. Now it is time for soup. I learnt a very easy tomato soup recipe from my mom this summer. I made little modification to spice it up and it came out really yummy.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 6 medium size tomato
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of plain vinegar
- Salt, Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon of red chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
- 8. Cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Place the tomatoes in a porcelain bowl and add some water to the bowl and heat it for 3 minutes in microwave.
- When the tomatoes cool down a little bit, peel off the skin of the tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes in a blender to make a puree.
- In the stove, heat little of oil and sauté the garlic in it.
- Add the tomato puree, add 1/2 a cup of water and bring it to boil.
- Add salt, sugar to taste.
- To make it little spicy, add chili powder.
- Mix the corn starch in 1 tablespoon of cold water and add it to the soup to thicken it up a little bit.
- Add the vinegar.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve.