Tonight I made a quick but very yummy chicken perfect for a weeknight quick chicken recipe. It is known as Methi Chicken in India and it is cooked with Kasuri Methi, which is the dried methi (Fenugreek) leaves with beautiful flavor. In my recipe I also use the Methi or Fenugreek seeds.
Fenugreek is an herb original to Mediterranean region, which is used for cooking, medicine. This seed is very good for preventing diabetes, cholesterols and it add nice flavor to the food.
Serves 3 servings
Flavorful Methi Chicken
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 lb boneless chicken. I used used boneless thigh pieces, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup of onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon of ginger paste (freshly grated)
- 1/2 tomato
- 3/4 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Kasuri Methi
- 4 tablespoon of oil
- Heat oil and add fenugreek seeds
- As the seeds sputter into the oil, add chopped garlic
- As the garlic turns slightly brown, add onion
- Add tomato and fry it for 3 minutes
- Add Turmeric, chili powder.
- Add chicken and mix everything together,
- Now close the lid and let it cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Now add salt and sugar and let it cook for another 3 minutes
- Add the Kasuri methi at the end
- Serve it with Rice, Nun, roti or paratha.