A bowl of hot, delicious roasted red bell pepper soup with carrot and garlic is nothing but a bowl full of healthy and good nutrients. It is perfect as an appetizer or weeknight dinner. My kids love this soup and I love to serve it to them as it is rich with vitamin C and anti-oxidants.
Fun Facts about Red Bell Pepper
- It is the ripened version of the green bell pepper
- Since Bell Peppers have seeds and it come from flowering plants, it is a fruit, not a vegetable
- Bell Pepper has the highest amount of vitamin C. A large red pepper provides 300% of your daily nutrient requirement and it is 3 times more vitamin C than an orange.
How to make Red Bell Pepper Soup
I like the bell peppers to be roasted in the oven. It taken about 20 min, but it is definitely worth the wait. To add more body and food value, I add carrots to the red bell pepper soup. I roast the carrots with the red bell pepper to reduce the total cooking time. After roasting the bell pepper and carrot, let it cool for a 5 to 10 min and then peel off the skin of the bell peppers.
On the stove top, heat oil, sauté garlic, onion and add cumin for a smoky flavor. To make it little spicy, I add red chili powder as well. Add the roasted red bell pepper and carrot and sauté it until the carrots are soft. Add water and blend the soup in a blender. I use the Blendtec blender which makes soup with vert consistent body. Check the consistency of the soup, the salt and the sweetness. Add necessary amount of salt and sugar and serve the soup hot.
Frequently asked Questions
Can I make red bell pepper soup with roasting the bell pepper in the oven?Yes, the bell pepper can be cut into small pieces and sautéed with onion and garlic on the stove top. But roasted bell pepper brings out the flavor and the unique sweet taste of the red bell pepper
Can the soup be made without carrot?Yes. But carrot adds body to the soup and additional nutrients like Vitamin A and minerals
Can the soup be cooked in Instant Pot?Absolutely. Use the sauté feature of the instant pot. If you have a good hand blender, then use the hand blender instead of any other blender, so that you do not need to transfer the soup to the blender.
Yields 24 oz
Serves 8 oz59
Delicious roasted red bell pepper soup, cooked with carrot, garlic, onion with a pinch of cumin for a smoky flavor.
5 hrPrep Time
30 minCook Time
5 hr, 30 Total Time
- 2 red peppers
- 2 carrots (125 gm)
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 3 cups of water
- Cut the carrots in smaller pieces
- Heat the oven to 375 degree F, roast the Bell Peppers and Carrots for 20 min
- As the Bell pepper cools down a bit, peel off the skin of the bell peppers
- In a pan heat the oil, add the garlic.
- Add the onion and fry it until it is slightly brown.
- Add cumin and red chili powder
- Add the roasted peppers and carrots and fry it until carrots turn soft.
- Add water, salt and sugar.
- Now blend the soup mixture using a hand blender or any other type of blender.
- Finally check the salt and sweetness and serve it hot.
Leave a Reply