It is that time of the year where you have to arrange multiple holiday parties and have to go to many potlucks. So it is time to look for easy but tasty recipes. This year I made this shrimp cake for a potluck with close friends and it was a hit. So here is the recipe.
Yields 24 cakes
30 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1.5 lb of shrimp meat (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger paste
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup of chopped Scallion
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 table spoon of lemon zest
- 1 medium size potato that yields 1/2 cup of mashed potato
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon of salt (as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of chopped green chili (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of bread crump
- Take a big bowl where all the ingredients can be mixed together.
- Add the shrimp meat. Mash the shrimp meat with hand or using a food processor.
- Add ginger, garlic, carrot, scallion, cilantro, lemon juice, lemon zest.
- Add salt, red chili powder
- Add Green chili if you want to make it more spicy
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Beat one egg and add it to the mixture,
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Now make flat cakes with hand and bread both the sides with the bread crump.
- In a skillet, heat oil and fry the breaded cakes
- Serve with sweet chili sauce.