Are you wondering about an easy to make vegetarian appetizer for holiday party? I got this stuffed mushroom recipe from one of my Italian friends many years back and added my own improvisations on top of it. For office potluck or any potluck with friends I rely on this recipe. It is quick, tasty and likable to palates for diverse races.
Yields 25 mushrooms
Serves 2 mushrooms
30 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- Mushroom 24 oz (around 25 mushrooms)
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crump
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- Take out the stems from each of the mushroom
- Cut the stem of the mushroom in small pieces
- In a skillet, add little bit of oil. When the oil heats up, add the chopped garlic. As the garlic turns slightly brown, add the onion.
- As the onion turns slightly brown, add the chopped stems of the mushrooms and fry it until cooked.
- Add Salt and pepper
- Add red chili powder if you want to make it little spicy. (optional)
- Add the cheese. Cook for 1 min.
- Add the bread crump and cook for 2 min. It will make a pulp of stuffing
- Now add little bit of stuffing in each of the mushroom and fill it up.
- Heat the oven to 350 degree F. Grease a baking pan and line up the stuffed mushroom in the baking pan.
- Bake the mushroom for 18 min.
- At the end, broil the mushroom for 1 min.