On a weeknight when I am scrambling through the fridge and the pantry for the vegetable to serve for dinner, half a slice of Butternut squash can be a savior. A tasty Butternut Squash scoop can be made ready very easily.
Yields 24 oz
Serves 6 oz59
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- Half Butternut Squash
- Four clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/2 cup of onion diced
- 5.6 ounces of coconut milk
- 16 oz of vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- A pinch of red chili powder (Optional)
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder
- Heat the oven to 400 degree F. Drizzle olive oil. salt and pepper on top of the butternut squash half and grill it in the oven for 20 min. Turn the side of the squash after 10 min.
- In the stove, fry onion, ginger, garlic. Add the cumin and red chili powder.
- Add the coconut milk and the broth.
- Peel the skin of the butternut squash and cut it in small pieces. Add the butternut squash to the mixture being cooed on the stove top.
- Use a hand mixer or any Vita-mix kind of mixer to make a puree.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve.